The semi-automatic ASTM D1160 vacuum distillation system is a balance of automation and cost. This D1160 vacuum distillation system automatically controls most functions. It is ideal for labs with a smaller number of samples or a smaller budget.
What functions are automatic?
- Vacuum control
- Condenser and receiver temperature
- Recording of first drop (IBP)
- Calculation of vapor AET
- Generation of the final report
- Ending of distillation, cool down
What functions are controlled by the operator?
- Distillation rate
- Operator presses “enter key”when receiver volume reaches 5%, 10%, 20%.... The computer automatically records the data when the enter key is pressed. Data can also be entered manually.
Easy to Use:
PC control automates many of the D1160 functions. New and experienced operators will find this system simple to use. The software steps you through the testing process from start up to printing of results. Easy to understand software and easy access to all the distillation components makes performing the test as simple as possible.
Semi-Automatic units are upgradeable to fully-automatic.